Thursday, October 19, 2006

Singapore Discovery Centre (:

Went to Singapore Discovery Centre today. It was a looooooooooooooooong trip, and we had ate snacks all the way there, passing the titbits around, and passed our time by listening songs. MY ears almost went numb. hur. We soon reached there, welcomed by this huge fountain thingy;



It shot water for dunno how many donkey metres high. It was just high, get me?

We went for a bus tour, with a so called "tour guide", to introduce and bring us around the SAFTI (Singapore Armed Forces Training Institude) It was opened in 1995 by Goh Chok Tong. Haaa~



Everyone is feeling bored and staring out the window~
At first I couldn't do anything as she kept crying. But later on we've been able to chat. I'm not trying to boost myself, but be honest, as a new counselor i think i've done pretty well. I can help her calm down and open up her mind, and let her realise what's upsetting her is not the presenting problem but her inner thoughts and feelings. And, I truly find that what I learn from CU is very useful. Especially narrative approach. To meet clients/human beings is a genuine person-to-person process, it doesn't always work to apply theories. In the counseling room, the only resource you can use is your own self. and concepts like empathy, respect are really crucial. It's a good start, at least to me, as it gives me much confidence to proceed. I'm sure there's a lot a lot more I have to learn. Got to be humble and learn.

Work is getting challenging. and meaningful.


here's a lot a lot more I have to learn. Got to be humble and learn.

Work is getting challenging. and meaningful.