Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011; An Overview

Always wanted to do a summary of this year. I've been pondering over how to begin this post as there are so many feelings and it's so hard to justify it with mere words. I guess it's the writer's block.

2011 seems like a transitional year for me. It seems as if someone up there wants me to grow up faster in time when I reach 21, and made me grow/mature so fast within such a short span of time. I'm still the same person, but just.... a lot more different inside?

Many great events happened to me this year; I've graduated with my diploma, went into a new institution, Sunny went into NS, reconnected and lost some friends.  This made me realise how things are - People come and go, but you can choose who is worth staying.

I faced countless rejections even though I fought hard. But I'm proud of it. I'm proud of failing, it made me learn to accept things faster and I've learned precious lessons from them. I don't regret, because I think I really did my best.

There were times though.. where I felt that my heart was just waiting to explode. There is just too much to contain and you feel like giving up..

However, I've learnt to be stronger inside. They say that when a door closes on you, a window opens. I guess for every bad thing that happened I always managde to find a glimmer of hope. That keeps me strong. When things appear bleak, I learnt that you always have to believe in yourself. Be the bigger person. Do the right thing that benefits everyone and not just for the mere minute of satisfaction. Stay calm, and do not act rashly. When you are being emotional, it is the most unwise to make decisions. I learnt to be rational.

'Anything that's worth having, sure enough worth fighting for'

Heard the song 'Fight for this Love' by Cheryl Cole on the way home,  and can't help but feeling that this song truly speaks to my heart for this year. I guess for everything it's worth, you gotta keep on fighting.

I want to be forward looking. This year has not been a very good year, but I'm glad it happened because it made me who I am now. Stronger and better. I am grateful for keeping my friends, bf and family together, in spite of all the negativity that had happened. They make me a happier person, and they give me support.

Sometimes, it's not about what happened, but what you choose to do after that.

This year 2012, I want to start afresh. Empty my heart and embrace new beginnings. I'll hope for the best, and prepare for the worst. I hope me turning 21 would be more exciting. I want some 'push' in my life. Being a bit spontaneous would be great.

Life's an occasion. Rise to it.

PS: New blogskin to welcome the new year! I love it because this is the first time I sorta 'designed' it from scratch and not take it from blogskin websites! xD