Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Valentine



I'm bored. So I changed all my profile picture to this (above). I disturbed Rebacca via whatsapp, talked to my dog but I'm still bored. It's okay actually, I like being bored. This kind of bored makes me happy, I don't know why.

Having my first english tuition lesson tomorrow. I hope I can teach well, I'm quite nervous about it. If I teach well I can take a few more lessons, and earn $$! I like the idea of teaching someone something. It's actually quite self satisfying, knowing that you help someone become better at something. Plus I like to talk a lot, so it's totally fine with me. Oh yeah I hope I speak slowly tomorrow. I always get people telling me I speak too fast. But people who know me long/well enough will get used to it, and on the contrary don't agree that I speak fast when I tell them about it.

All my friends' 21st birthday parties are coming up. I'm excited but I'm left wondering what I should do. Maybe I should think about it soon. It's too last minute for a chalet so i'll scratch that. But it's time to think about it..

V Day' coming soon. I feel that it's getting more overrated each year, but the thought of it being overrated is even more overrated. Personally I feel that there isn't a need to lavish on chocolates and flowers for the special one for this day of the year, because you don't need that day to prove how much you love a person. However, I do think that commemorating this day is important. Not because it's V Day, but because it is important to celebrate as a couple. That way the relationship stays fresh. If you ignore V Day, Birthdays or Anniversaries, then it just becomes boring and there is nothing more to look forward too. No need for expensive gifts or fancy restaurants, just a simple dinner date will do.

Maybe my theory above doesn't apply for new couples. After all the first V Day spent is important right? I'm so contradicting..

And you don't really need to celebrate V Day w a date, you can celebrate it with friends too! I think that will be fun. I remember during my secondary school days boys in my class would buy sweets or those hand made flowers and give to the girls in class. And my friends would made cards and sweets for each other. It was fun to be everyone's 'Valentine'.

Okay, enough of ranting, I'm heading to bed. Audit lesson tomorrow with Ms Helena Johnson. Gotta wake up early..

PS: If you haven't noticed, I edited the post below and managed to upload the video of Happy! The resolution sucks though..