Monday, March 12, 2012

My 21st Birthday Bash Part 1 - Having a party

Celebrated my 21st Birthday by opening a chalet at Costa Sands, Pasir Ris on 3rd March :) So.. how do you go about creating a party?


Create a poster (Courtesy of Pokzai)

 Create a facebook page and invite your friends.


Create a guestbook (Sunny and I created this from scratch!) and prepare party supplies and book a venue.

Okay remembered when I said I get a lot of photos where I have my eyes closed? I think you can see some here cos I only uploaded some.

So on that day, my mom bought my sisters, derald, cherelle and candy to the chalet to decorate first. Thanks all~ The room was U11 which was great because my birthday is on 11 March~~


Had some fun with the balloons by tying them all on Derald's slipper and walking around with it





I think everyone had some minutes taken off their life span trying to blow up and tie these helium balloons! Had a hard time as the balloons keep bursting randomly and scared the shit out of everyone. It looked lovely though~



Azlin and Wenkai came in earlier bringing bubble teas for everyone~ and everyone slack and chill and basically lazed around till evening!



Time to start BBQing~ And everyone sucked at starting the fire so it took some time~

Anyway when night fell and guests started coming, it got much more fun! Mom and bicky reached around evening bringing some food


Lol remembered ricky's disappointed face for not bring ketchup.. HAHAHA.

Pretty soon it was time to cut cake~ Cake was Rive Gauche's Guanaja. I always loved chocolate cakes so after reading some reviews on it and consulting some people, I decided to have it as a birthday cake. Major thanks for Azlin and Candy for bringing the cake over from tampines~ And apparantly it was good because cheeming and jim ate so much. Especially jim cos he shitted 4x! I didn't get to eat anything because I was quite sick that day and didn't have any appetite at all!












Sunny smiling in the background :)



Look at my closed eyes~




With Cheng Siong, Tingwen and Rebacca


 With mom and dad. Mom's eyes were closed in most of the photos so I guess I inherited this trait from her LOL


 Poly clique! Miss them loads - Hassay, Lilin and Nadirah! Couldn't recognise Has when she began wearing the tudong~

 Sunny and me~

Sunny and me again~ I have to thank sunny for putting his best effort to help me out even though he couldn't help plan for it because of his NS duties. He accompanied me eveywhere, running errands and telling me which shop to go to etc. Even on that day he was busily walking around, BBQ-ing food and even brought his PS3 here. And he didn't even sleep after coming here straight after bookout <3

Eric and me. Friends since 1994~

The boys~ I have to thank Benson that day, for helping me deflate the balloons and got scared out of his wits cos the balloons kept bursting and confetti exploded in his face!! (yes my sisters and I stuffed those confetti in the balloons ONE BY ONE)



With Azlin, Cherelle, Jiawen and Candy~ Secondary school girls!



Auntie Sally and Mom. Got quite a lot of feedback saying they look alike! But no they are not related they are friends~ :)


Bicky! Thanks for buying food and drinks and cooking~




I have my sisters to thank for the MOST because they helped me out through the whole damn thing from scratch!! From thinking of ideas to googling for concepts to accompanying me in mustafa and buying party supplies~ <33333333  I have to thank derald for helping with the BBQ and driving us around~


 Thanks cherelle for helping out with the decorations~


Yes this is why he is my bf. Closed eyes FTW


Reb and me~ I was so damn happy to see her cos it's been a while and I really missed her a lot!!!!!

 Who's that at the back? My best guess is eric or wenkai


Candy~ Thanks for decorating and bring me icebox~ and also delivering the cake~


And thanks yvonne for my nails~ 







And my dad took a 20 second video of people milling around. So here you go:


 LOL cant see shit in this video cos most the people (the guys) were posing and taking photos~ You can see cherelle with her hands on her hips and candy inside looking a bit confused and donno where to go, my sisters, derald and bicky BBQ-ing, and reb talking to tingwen and chengsiong!

 I actually didn't expect anyone to stay.. but the guys ended up staying over together with Azlin and candy! Guys stayed up all night playing FIFA PS3 which sunny bought zzz my sisters were rolling around in bed while the rest went out and chit chat till next morning!

Didnt catch any sleep at all so when i reached home i immediately plonked onto my bed.




Presents from all my dear friends!

All in all I'm truly thankful to those who came. And for those who tried but couldn't make it - thank you for at least trying to come. I couldn't understand the hype about opening parties and if you asked me about the idea of opening one back in jan, I would definitely say no. But I get it now. It's not the presents, not about the attention (in fact not a big fan of it), but it's just comforting, the fact that all these people came for you. It made me feel warm in the heart and while I cannot deny that I had second thoughts about cancelling it while I was preparing, I was glad I didnt. I am so indescribably happy! I really want to thank everyone for making it to my 21th mark in life and thanks for celebrating with me. I love you guys. Cheers to friends and family.

PS: I'll blog about part 2 soon~